Precision machining company win Runner-Up in the SME of the Year
After taking the Red Rose Manufacturing award earlier in the year, the Thornton Cleveleys based precision machining business was invited to attend the recent Make UK North West Regional Dinner at the Lowry Hotel in Manchester. Not only was this a chance for all of the region’s top manufacturers to get together socially, it was an opportunity to celebrate all that is great in the area and how it contributes massively to the wider UK economy.
It was an auspicious evening for several companies and individuals and we’re delighted to say that Addison once again came away with a prize. Although it wasn’t top spot this time, we were accorded the Runner-Up in the SME of the Year category.
This award has been developed to champion businesses with less than 250 employees who have
blazed a trail within the manufacturing sector. Managing Director Mark Verdon, accepting the award on behalf of the team said ‘we have led by example and developed progressive best practice. It continues to be a progressive journey, not one of great leaps, but minor adjustments, continually improving our manufacturing and management processes.’
The judges felt that all of the requirements below were met and it demonstrates the drive and ambition of Addison Precision that will surely reap further rewards in future years.
- Exceptionally productive business spending/investment
- Adoption of new technologies that increased productivity and capacity
- Having deep ambition to scale in the future
- Where staff have grown with the SME through its journey
- Innovation and research supported and funded, even if total capital limited
- Diversification in product or service offering, showcasing the business’s agility as an SME to meet changing demand
Click here to read more.