Our eleventh "Aerospace Up! hour" is on Thursday 16 July, 11:30-12:30 BST.
Please register below.
You will be able to join this virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. You can register right up to the start of the meeting. We will then send you a link to join.
(if you don't have Teams, you don't need special software, or to download anything, you will be able to join on the web in a couple of clicks; for any issues email email@example.com)
Come along with your coffee! Arrive five minutes early if you can -- like a "real" meeting -- to help us start on time.
You’ll be able to send us your questions and comments during the meeting.
You can stay behind afterwards to say hello, chill, network, ask questions, as you normally would
(All that's missing is the biscuits!)
Agenda to follow . . .
Here are some of the interesting industry people we've interviewed or heard from on the agenda in previous weeks:
- Jason Aldridge, Managing Director, Arrowsmith Engineering
- Ellis Blackham, Logistics Accounts Manager, JJX Logistics
- Dave Blower, Sales Director, Maycast Nokes Precision Engineering
- Craig Fulwood, NPI Manager, MJ Sections
- Mark Jones, Sales Director, TQC
- Dave Hillan, Partner, Grant Thornton
- Matthias Meyer, Managing Director, Heller Machine Tools
- Luke Parker, Managing Director, Acres Engineering
- Annette Rothwell, Chair, MAA Supply Chain Performance Group, formerly senior procurement leader at Rolls-Royce, Esterline, BAE Systems
- Angela Tooley, Enterprise Development Manager, University of Derby.
- Dr Keith Tucker, Managing Director, Ashton and Moore
We've covered things like: how they see the evolving marketplace; how the crisis is affecting their business; steps they're taking to manage the situation; ideas for new products and services.
What else have we discussed?
- A big feature is more detail on how you can get help from Aerospace UP, the new programme with the University of Nottingham to tackle the threats and opportunities of the Coronavirus crisis.
- What’s going on in the MAA/MTC DRAMA additive hour on Tuesdays? Should you be coming to that too?
- How can MAA members help each other during the Coronavirus outbreak? What help do you need from the MAA?
- With all the recent announcements, what can we now say about how the civil aerospace industry is going to change in the months and years to come?
- The MAA surveys of company impacts and reactions -- how are things with your company?
- What’s happening in aerospace clusters across Europe and the world?
- Farnborough Airshow cancelled -- what next?
- The trials and tribulations of remote-working – key lessons for every company
- Aerospace companies helping make hospital ventilators -- what do we think?
- How are the big companies changing their procurement strategies because of the Coronavirus?