Final agenda below!
This conference will be held at the
Manufacturing Technology Centre, Coventry
The event is part of the Aerospace UP programme.
This event is now fully booked!
Sustainability has been increasing in importance across the aerospace and aviation sectors in recent years and 2022 is set to be the year it will become an urgent focus.
Get ahead of the action by joining this event which will explore the challenges and opportunities for companies based across the Midlands.
Jet Zero aircraft
- Hear from companies directly involved in defining the new technology for aircraft that will help achieve ‘Jet Zero’ emissions targets by 2050.
- Join the debate around which technological solutions will work for which type of aircraft – from small vertical take-off to large passenger carriers - as well as when these solutions are likely to enter service.
- See examples of the enabling technologies being developed in the Midlands region and how Aerospace UP and other regional expertise and funding support can provide support for industry projects.
Towards a Net Zero aerospace cluster
- There is an urgent need for all businesses to have a plan to reduce greenhouse gases, not only to meet new legislation, but also to benefit from potential business growth opportunities.
- Hear from regional policy makers and learn about the technical support you can get in the Midlands and the funding that is available.
- Learn from other companies’ progress and initiatives across aviation and aerospace.
08:15 Registration and refreshments
09:00 Welcome MAA & University of Nottingham
- Breadth of Midlands Jet Zero capabilities
09:15 Jet Zero Technology Roadmap
This session considers how the different technologies apply to different types of aircraft.
- Opening speaker, Paul Heathcote, Chair of University of Nottingham Institute for Aerospace Technology Advisory Group & A380 pilot
- Future engine solutions, Andy Geer, Rolls-Royce
- Studies on large regional to mid-size aircraft, Nigel Town, Fly Zero Project (ATI)
- e-VTOL technology, Mohammad Reza, Samad Aerospace
- Panel Session, MAA and Speakers
11:00 Jet Zero Technology Case Studies
Examples of enabling technologies being developed in the Midlands region.
- Hydrogen fuel cells and the H2Gear concept, Richard Simkins, Intelligent Energy
- Fuel cell applications, Dr Michaela Kendall, Adelan
- Motor technology, Derek Jordanou-Bailey, Integral Powertrain
- Reliable battery charging, Leigh Purnell, Petalite
- Panel Session, MAA and Speakers
12:15 Lunch and Displays in the Exhibition Centre
13:15 Net Zero Midlands Cluster
This session considers why, what and how aerospace businesses – and other manufacturers -- progress on an environmental sustainability journey as part of the UK’s Net Zero emissions strategy.
- Introduction MAA
- Net Zero by 2050 – still curious? Paul Heathcote, Chair of IAT Advisory Group & A380 pilot
- Emissions policy: a Midlands perspective, Roger Mendonca, Midlands Engine
- Scope 1 & 2: the emissions (more or less) under your own control, Brigitte Amoruso, Make UK
- Scope 3 emissions: what about the total supply chain? Marie Wells, MTC, Professor Sam Turner, High Value Manufacturing Catapult
- Funding support in the Midlands, case studies, Dr Zhong-Nan Wang and Mike Small, University of Birmingham
- Aviation – green initiatives at a major regional airport, Simon Richards, Birmingham Airport
- Sustainable manufacturing in aerospace: learning from each other, Sandy Arbuthnott, Meggitt
- Expert support and funding for your business on environmental sustainability, Tim Holmes, MAA
15:50 Net Zero Panel Session MAA & Speakers
- How should a business set out on its ‘Net Zero’ journey? Are approaches, calculation methods and databases suitably standardized? What support is out there?
16:10 Closing Comments MAA
This event is now fully booked. If you have any questions email Emma Burgess, MAA Marketing Manager or call 07748 652427.
Covid requirements for those booked to attend.
If you have booked your place you should have received the joining instructions from the MAA (sent out again on Tuesday afternoon at 1:30pm). Please check your email junk folder. When you follow the link for the MTC's Covid requirements and submit your contact information you should receive a text from Simportal. Follow the instructions on the text message - you will not receive any further confirmation at this point. The day before the event you will receive a further text/email from Simportal requesting that you submit a negative LFT or you can complete a health declaration (you have up until 8:00pm to do this), when this is submitted you will receive a QR code that you will need to show on your arrival at the venue on Thursday morning.
We look forward to seeing you.